My dear friend Scott McMurren, tour enthusiast and editor of the Alaska TravelGram, always tells me, “Caffeine helps maintain a sunny personality.” I’d have to agree with him.
Locally owned and operated, The Green Coffee Bean Company specializes in roasting gourmet coffees and teas from around the globe. Currently, their coffee roaster is broken and they are awaiting parts. Fingers crossed they will be back up and running soon. Check their Facebook page for future announcements.
In the meantime, here’s where you can go for a Cup of Jo in Ketchikan:
- 55 North Bakery & Coffee – 602 Dock Street #2
- Alaska Coffee & Market Cafe – 401 Mission Street
- Cape Fox Lodge – 800 Venetia Avenue
- D & B Espresso – 2737 3rd Avenue
- Ketch My Drip – 3965 S Tongass Highway
- Kooteeyaa Koffee House – Saxman
- Local Grounds Coffee – 4970 N Tongass Highway (next door to Simply Bella so you can shop faster)
- New York Cafe – 211 Stedman Street
- Pilothouse Coffee – 2106 Tongass Avenue
- Polar Treats & Espresso Cafe – 500 Mission Street
- Starbucks – Inside Safeway
- Sweet Mermaids & Espresso Cafe – 340 Front Street
Alaska’s Favorite Coffee Roasters
- Alaska Coffee Roasting Co. (www.alaskacoffeeroasting.com)
- Heritage Coffee (www.heritagecoffee.com)
- North Pole Coffee (www.northpolecoffee.com
- Raven’s Brew Coffee (www.ravensbrewcoffee.com)
My favorite quote, “Behind every successful tour operator is a substantial amount of coffee.” Just ask the amazing crew at Chinook Shores Lodge if you don’t believe me.
Be the first to comment on "Today’s vibe, sunshine and lot’s of coffee."